The resources section will always be a work in progress!
If you want to know when additions and changes are made click here.
If you would like to submit new resources or corrections to resources listed email TammyMoore@FullLifeAhead.org.
The information and links are being provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only; they do not constitute an endorsement or an approval by the Full Life Ahead Foundation of any of the products, services or opinions of the corporation, organization or individual. The Full Life Ahead Foundation bears no responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of the external site or for that of subsequent links. Contact the external site for answers to questions regarding its content.
- Birmingham Jefferson County Transit Authority (BJCTA) provides fixed route and paratransit service to a service area of more than 200 square miles with a demand population base of nearly 400,000. The service area includes Birmingham, Bessemer, Fairfield, Homewood, Mountain Brook, Hoover, and Vestavia Hills. 205-521-0161, 1735 Morris Ave., Birmingham, Alabama 35203 firstname.lastname@example.org www.bjcta.org www.bjcta.org/riding-on-max/paratransit
- Buzz-A-Bus helps you maintain your independence by providing rides within a 5-mile radius of the Collat Jewish Family Services office on Montclair Road. The Buzz-A-Bus 14-person passenger van is equipped with one wheelchair lift and is available to individuals who are 60+ and/or disabled. You must be enrolled prior to making reservations or riding the bus. 205-870-1010 http://cjfsbham.org/transportation/
- ClasTran provides rides for elderly (60 +) and disabled residents of Jefferson and Shelby County that reside outside of the MAX VIP Service Area. 2121 Rev. Abraham Woods, Jr., Boulevard, Birmingham, Alabama 35203 (205) 325-8787 Fax: (205) 325-8788 www.clastran.com/index.php
- Commute Smart Birmingham Vanpooking Transit info walking and bicycling teleworking www.commutesmart.org 1-87 ride match.
- Medical Transport of Alabama serves Alabama 24 hours per day, seven days per week and works closely with Medicaid and multiple insurance companies. Private pay is accepted and customer companions are invited to ride with their loved ones at no charge. 1927 11th Ave. N., Bessemer, Alabama 35020 888-599-2050 fax 205-744-3829 http://mtalabama.com/
- Helping Hands Transportation 2600 15th St N Birmingham, AL 35204 (205) 458-3484
- High Tech Mobility offers a complete line of major brand mobility products including top of the line chairs, scooters, lifts, and driving accessories, vehicle customization, a wide variety of ramps and assisted living home improvements, rental vans and more. 141 Church Avenue, Hueytown, Alabama 35023 email@example.com
(205)491-2109 Fax: (205)491-7772 877-791-2333 www.hightechmobility.com
- Kid One Transport transports children and expectant mothers, with limited or no transportation, to medical care. 3535 7th Court South Birmingham, AL 35222 800-543-7143 205-978-1000 Fax: 205-978-1019 https://www.kidone.org/
- Rides in Sight will help you find transportation options in your local area. Focus is on seniors and people with visual impairments. Has been gracious to help locate transportation for those with other disabilities. 1-855-60-RIDES or 1-855-607-4337 www.ridesinsight.org
- Wheelchair Getaways Wheelchair Accessible Van Rentals & Classifieds www.wheelchairgetaways.com. Accessible Van Classifieds www.wheelchairgetaways.com/classifieds_search.php